DesignAgency is seeking experienced candidates for an immediate opening for the position of Senior Project Manager. DesignAgency relies on the Senior Project Manager to lead design teams and oversee all facets of project management for individual projects including planning, budgeting, scheduling, design development, construction documentation, and construction administration. Demonstrates exceptional capability to read, understand and apply standards and contracts. Responsible for the preparation of scope of work, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control and risk identification.
The Senior Project Manager reports to the Director of Project Management and Founding Principals and will be recognized for his or her ability to oversee the design process from start to finish.
Role and responsibilities
- Determine size, format, and scale of drawings
- Site review
- Assist to develop feasibility study if required
- Coordinate with Consultants or Internally to gather or measure accurate base plans
- Coordinate Project Schedule with Team Lead with list of deliverables
- Develop an understanding of the Design Intent.
- Project deliverables and continued drawing construction according to contract
- Establish drawing list based on project requirements and DD package(s)
- Schedule preparation of deliverables and milestones relative to construction document, tender and construction administration phase of the project
- Coordination of design intent with contractor, structural, MEP & T, and other various consultants
- Coordination with Team Lead for production, schedule, and resource allocation during construction drawings phase
- Coordination or production of specification manual as required
- Construction document review (mark-ups) and quality assurance
- Manages project team and consultants
- Attend consultant and construction coordination meetings, conference calls, etc. and relaying info back to Director of Project Management and /or Team Leads in form of minutes and /or scheduled meetings
- Answering and reviewing RFI’s, change orders, shop drawings, site instructions with the assistance when required
- Manage purchasing and oversee installation when required.
- Coordinate and Manage value engineering process when required
- Site administration, visits, meetings, documentation of site progress & condition
- Quality control of site work
- Monitor contractual scope of work relative to client or consultant requests. Identify areas which may fall outside established scope of work as additional services or extras.
- Monitor Staff resource requirements: ie. Staffing needs, complications, resource allocation, scheduling
- CAD Standards: establish, evolve and maintain construction standards
- Assist in creating and archiving the spec templates for future project use for internal database
- Create standard steps and process on how to issue and archive drawings and specs (ie. rev clouds and delta’s in paper space only
- Initiate opportunities to increase the firm’s design capabilities.
- Proactively share design knowledge with other team members.
- Contribute to the development of systems and processes for improved design, technical quality, or client service.
- Create sound relationships with colleagues, clients, contractors, and suppliers, to promote repeat business.
- Use Ajera to deliver assignments on-time and -budget.
- Demonstrate excellent personal time management.
The successful candidate will be in possession of an Interior Design Diploma or equivalent, with working experience, and will need to have an understanding of the local building codes for Ontario. The Senior Project Manager will need to have working experience with AutoCAD (Sketch-Up, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign are beneficial). Priority will be given to applicants with hospitality and hotel experience.
These are the minimal requirements for this position, with all other experience being advantages for the successful candidate.
Achievement of professional credentials such as MAATO, ARIDO, BCIN and LEED will be taken into account in promotion and compensation decisions, and preparatory studies or test costs may be eligible for firm support.
We offer a competitive base salary and the opportunity for growth within the company. If you believe that this could be a perfect fit for you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you know the perfect person for this position then feel free to forward this correspondence. All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.